Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Mini Collage Challenge #1

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Make It Manageable
As some of you may know from reading my blog, I sometimes find it challenging to head into the Craft Room and start creating.  The idea of picking up materials and getting started can feel overwhelming.  So I have decided to make it manageable for myself.  After all, why would anyone be intimidated by a 2"x 2" piece of watercolor paper?  So I went ahead and cut a small stack of 2" x 2" pieces of watercolor paper and I have decided to try to make at least one small 2"x 2" collage a day.  This feels doable to me.  Even if I am traveling I always have a glue stick with me and there are likely to be bits and pieces of receipts, ticket stubs, trash that I can incorporate into a mini collage.  My hope is to share this journey with you - sometimes one at a time - sometimes maybe a few at a time.  Feel free to join in the challenge with me!  Right now I will commit to 30 days...but who knows...it might turn into a year-long affair!  The nice thing about these mini collages?  You can always use them on a card front or incorporate them into other paper crafting projects.
Since I wasn't sure where to begin...even with a 2" x 2" piece of watercolor paper...I went with an easy start - the shape of a heart.  I have tons of scrap papers around the craft room that I like to paint on and this is the perfect way for me to start putting those little papers to use!  I am using Utrecht matte medium for adhering my pieces down, but I may play with adhesives a bit the more I make these mini collages.  I hope you'll enjoy this journey with me!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I LOVE this idea. I may try it for the month of November. Little bits at a time are good and your collage is so pretty. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.