Friday, September 26, 2014

By The Tide Birthday Greetings

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I learn over and over again that the creative process is an intelligence that knows where it has to go.- Shaun McNiff
Trust.  Such a simple five-letter word.  Yet we often feel it is not so simple to trust ourselves and trust the creative process.  Trusting the creative process does not mean that you will always like the outcome.  It does not mean that everything you create will be beautiful and worthy of space on your wall.  What it does mean is that whatever you create, if you trust the process, is exactly what you are meant to be creating...the beautiful, the ugly, the spontaneous, the highly detailed, the chicken scratch, the masterpiece.  That is our challenge.  To trust.
Today I created another card using my Stampin' Blendabilities and alcohol technique that I shared with you earlier in the week.  If you missed the video you can view it HERE.  I stamped onto the front of the window sheet with the By The Tide stamp set and Jet Black Staz-On ink.  The panel was adhered to the card with glue dots.  I hope you like it!  Have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

It's funny how sometimes you'll sit down with the intent of doing one thing specifically and are disappointed with the outcome but other times you may just be letting your mind work on something other than what your hands are doing at the time and be amazed at what you've done. Like when you're on the phone and having a conversation but with pen in hand doodling at the same time. And yet there are other times when I like it quiet so I can turn off the outside voices.

I tried your technique and love how it came out. Your example today is another beautiful creation and has inspired me yet again.

Doris said...

This set was made for your technique. Absolutely stunning!