Monday, September 15, 2014

Bloom and Grow Art Journal Page

Today's Lesson From The Art Studio:  The inner critic wants you to stay in the same place, repeating the same thing over and over again like donuts being pumped out of a machine.  No changes, no growth:  in a word, safe.  But safe is not what will ultimately be satisfying.  Don't ever be afraid of who you really are or of what you want to express.  Great artists were built by being strong in their convictions that they were right in pursuing their dreams.  - William Kluba in Where Does Art Come From?
I created this art journal page for Paper Crafter's Library.  I allowed myself to not be safe - to try something new and to see what would happen.  This is the process of blooming and growing.  To go beyond what is familiar and comfortable.  To venture into the unknown.  Here are a few close ups:

For full step-by-step videos demonstrating how I created the page, you can head on over to Paper Crafter's Library by clicking on the badge in the upper right-hand side of my blog and signing up to become a member of Paper Crafter's Library!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Oooh, I do love this!