Friday, July 18, 2014

Upcycled Denim Bookmark

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Put Your Head Into The Darkness And Listen
Allowing yourself to just "be" gives you the opportunity to finally listen to the small voice that can so easily get buried inside of you.  I love creating pieces like this upcycled denim bookmark because the process allows me to just be.  I have no outcome in mind.  I just start putting paint to the "canvas" of the denim and let go and allow things to happen.  Creating in this way is a way for me to "put my head into the darkness" - the unknown of the creative process - and just listen to my inner voice.  How can you put your head into the darkness and listen?

1 comment:

Asiwriteibreathe said...

Love this bookmark. It is so colorful and bright. Well done Michelle. It is so weird how the sentiment reminds me of a short little text I wrote on my new writing blog. If you want to visit you just click on this link okay. It's the second text. I just had to send you over, if you want.

hugsxopeggy

https://www.asiwriteibreathe.blogspot.ca

hugsxo